Every person is, in part, a product of the environment they grew up in. Family plays an important role in our development, as each person in the family impacts, and is impacted by, the other family members. Family therapy brings parents, siblings, and extended family members into the treatment process.
Intended to strengthen your family life, family therapy may be helpful to:
- Resolve a specific issue
- Prepare the family for a major life change such as a divorce or remarriage
- Address the role that family plays in an individual’s life
- Cope with kids or teens who are struggling with mental or emotional troubles
Sometimes, family therapy is used as a complementary therapy for individuals, children, and teens. By providing encouragement and education, your family will become better able to support one another through life's many journeys.
Evaluating issues in family therapy can help you:
- Understand how your family functions
- Identify strengths and weaknesses within your family system
- Set goals and develop strategies to resolve challenges
- Improve communication skills
- Make your entire family stronger
When Families Separate
It's sad when a family falls apart, for whatever reason. It is important to realize that, although you and your partner are no longer lovers and may not even be friends anymore, you are co-parents. Co-parenting counseling can assist you in sharing the responsibility of raising your children in a cooperative, healthy situation. We provide a safe, neutral environment to discuss the best interests of the child while giving you input and feedback when appropriate. Co-parents can gain skills for clearly defined, respectful communication.
Co-parenting counseling focuses on:
- Communicating effectively
- Learning how to put the needs of the child as first priority
- Coping with strong emotions
- Respecting your co-parent
- Unburdening your children
Online Family Therapy
Online therapy is easy and convenient! Have your sessions in your own comfort zone, allowing you to focus and accomplish more during your sessions. You'll save time on traveling, and on finding a therapy office near you. You won't have to worry about running into someone you know, or sitting in a waiting room.
Meeting online eliminates many of the obstacles you may face in scheduling a family therapy session - frantic schedules, commute times, distance, lack of babysitters - the list can go on! Online family therapy allows us to meet anywhere, any time - even if you and your family members are in different locations. We can meet with you via video or telephone!